Okay, so we've had an influx of superhero movies this year and it looks like Spider-Man is taking a backseat to Batman, Iron Man, and the Incredible Hulk. But we know how you feel; Spider-Man is the man and you just can't see yourself enjoying The Dark Knight or the Hulk without feeling a twinge of disloyalty creep into the back of your mind.
You love Spidey but those other guys are so cool with their new images, cool special effects, and impressive reviews. Will you buy into the hype like everyone else or will you remain loyal to the Wall Crawler?
Well, it's true that it's been a while since we've been graced with a new Spider-Man movie and it seems as though the Clone Wars animated series will push the Spider-Man cartoons to the back burner in October, but we all know the truth--Spider-Man is much cooler than all of the rest combined.
So, to help revive your interest in the Wall Crawler and to give you a little something to cling to until the next Spidey flick, we've decided to give you a bit of cool Spider-Man trivia. Granted, if you're Spidey's number one fan, you probably already know the majority of the things we're about to tell you, but our list is still pretty cool. (So, stop complaining.)
So, without further ado, here are the coolest Spidey trivia tidbits we could find:
* Spider-Man debuted in Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962. The comic cost 12 cents brand new but if you have a copy of it lying around in your comic book stash, it could be worth up to $48,000 according to the Comic Price Guide(tm).
* If you have the first issue of "The Amazing Spider-Man" from 1963, it could be worth as much as $32,000.
* While Spidey has teamed up with virtually every superhero in the Marvel universe, he has fought alongside the Human Torch more than any other.
* The Wall Crawler has starred in numerous cartoons since 1974 and has appeared on the Spider-Woman cartoon in 1979.
* All Spider-Man cartoons made before 1999 are tied up in legal disputes and aren't eligible for US DVD release--though there is a petition that you can sign to show your support for the release.
* Supercharger was the first villain that Spider-Man ever battled. The battle appeared in Amazing Fantasy issue #18.
* Spider-Man (cartoons) have been featured on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, the CW, and MTV.
* At one time, Spider-Man was despised and Marvel Comics was boycotted because of the release of the "Clone Story" in which Peter Parker learned that he was just a clone of the real Spider-Man, who was in fact, Bill Reilly.
* The first ever Spider-Man video game was released in 1982 for play on the Atari 2600 gaming console.
* Amazing Fantasy was slated for cancellation with the fifteenth issue being the last. Stan Lee, the creator of Spider-Man, wanted to send the comic out with a bang by introducing a character he had been planning for quite some time. The mail response to the #15 issue featuring Spider-Man was so positive, it staved off the cancellation of Amazing Fantasy and spawned the 1963 release of a brand new comic, "The Amazing Spider-Man".
Interesting, isn't it? Ready to emulate this classic superhero? Then rush to HalloweenAdventure.com and purchase a high quality Spidey costume! What are you waiting for? Halloween is just around the corner and the Wall Crawler is as cool as ever!